When I was a final year student in Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology, we had to complete a research level project as one of the course requirements. For the project we selected the open source desktop environment PlexyDesk. When we started off our project code name Plexy2011 it was on version 0.2.5, at end of the year when we finished project Plexy2011, the released version was 0.6.0.
This is the site that we developed as to depict the project outline of the Plexy2011. You can find all the details of the project here with our site.
Ohh hey guys, I'm still in the process of writting this up. So gimme a bit more time to complete it. Check in few hours..